MBBS In Philippines
Why pick Philippines as a destination Country to Study Medicine?
MBBS Degree in the Philippines is recognized by the Medical Council Of India (MCI), World Health Organization (WHO), FAIMER, USMLE, CHED, and ECFMG-USA
Brief Introduction about the Philippines
Students should know about the Philippines before they are taking MBBS admissions in this country. The Philippines, officially the Republic of the Philippines, is an archipelagic country in Southeast Asia. Situated in the western Pacific Ocean, it consists of about 7,641 islands that are broadly categorized under three main geographical divisions from north to south: Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao.
The Philippines have a tropical maritime climate. It is normally hot and humid. The Philippines is very conducive for outdoor activities and getting a nice tan. Average temperatures in the Philippines usually range between 21 °C (70 °F) and 32 °C (90 °F) with the average yearly temperature coming in at around 26.6 °C (79.9 °F).
Currency: The Philippine peso, also referred to by its Filipino name piso
The Philippines is recognized globally as one of the largest English-speaking nations with the majority of its population having at least some degree of fluency in the language. English has always been one of the official languages of the Philippines.
Tagalog is a language that originated in the Philippine islands.
By jeepney, FX taxi, buses, and tricycle. The jeepney is the ultimate Philippine icon, and in Manila, Cebu City, Davao, and Baguio, jeepneys are important for city transport, with frequent services between important locations in each city..
The Philippines has four railway lines: Manila Light Rail Transit System Line 1, Manila Light Rail Transit System Line 2, Manila Metro Rail Transit System Line 3, and the PNR Metro Commuter Line operated by the Philippine National Railways.
Qualification to study MBBS / Doctor Of Medicine in the Philippines.
- The MBBS course in the Philippines is known as the BS-MD Course.
- Students should have 10 + 2 passing certificates with Biology, Physics, Chemistry subjects with 50% of PCB.
- NEET – UG Qualification is mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree students seeking admission to the medical education program in Philippines required to take the NMAT ( National Medical Admission Test)
- BS-MD / MBBS Course duration will be 5.5 years including internship.
- Valid Passport for Visa and Travel to the Philippines.
Benefits of Philippines MBBS Degree.
- MBBS Degree in the Philippines is recognized by Medical Council Of India (MCI) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- After completion of the MD / M.B.B.S in Philippines you have extensive exposure to every country.
Practice in India
Students who completed BS-MD / MBBS degree in Philippines should appear for MCI / FMGE licensure examination conducted by National Board of Examination (NBE) In India. This examination is mandatory for Indian students who have a medical degree from abroad to practice medicine in the country. Students can pursue post-graduation of your chosen specialized area or your profession which helps you gain advanced level of abilities required in the field of medicine.
USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination)
A graduate of a Philippine medical school who wishes to practice or undergo residency training in the US has to pass the USMLE.
USMLE is comprised of three-steps where Step 2 is divided into two exams.
The candidate must be a graduate of a medical school outside the US and Canada listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools as meeting ECFMG eligibility requirements
Step 1 – Basic Sciences
Those who are now studying medicine or graduates of Medicine can apply for step 1.
It is a one-day test, Students usually take this test at the end of the second year of med school.
Step 2 (CK) – Clinical Knowledge
Step 2 (CS) – Clinical Skills
The Eligibility criteria for this exam is the students must clear the USMLE step 1 Level.
Step 2 is a two-day test, Students usually take this test in the fourth year of med school.
Step 3 – Patient Management
- Must hold an MD or an equivalent degree from a medical school outside the US and Canada, which is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools as meeting ECFMG eligibility requirements.
- Qualify Step 1, Step 2 CK, and Step 2 CS
- Be ECFMG Certified
Medicine Graduate must decide the country he/she wish to transfer to. Each country has its Medical Council Licensing Exams. You will need to register with the appropriate countries medical board and clear the licensing requirements to practice in that country.
- For Canada – Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (MCC) – LMCC QE Exam
- For Australia – Australian Medical Council (AMC) – MCQ Exam
- For UK GMC PLAB EXAM / General Medical Council of UK ( GMC ) / PLAB is known as
Professional and Linguistic assessments Board Test (PLAB) .
- For New Zeeland – Medical Council of New Zealand ( MCNZ) – NZREX Exam
Getting Started is simple, Change your future by taking action today.